Monday, June 7, 2010

releasing my cold hands
from a frail, old rope
just to understand
that now there is hope

i thought holding on

would make you stay
yet you are gone
and here, i'm still, today


sitting here alone
on a cold empty evening
hands cold as stone
just silently wondering


where i would be now
if i had not waited
not waited around
for something unfated


then i'm sitting here
and wasting more time
still not seeing clear
still lost within my mind


false hope is so cruel
it lets us live a dream
one that will never come true
no matter how real it seems

don't tell me white lies
that my wish will come true
i rather stay in denial
than end as the unwanted

just let my life run it's course
at its own damn pace
there'll be mistakes and flaws
but they are for me to face

you can or can't foresee
you may or may not be able to speak
what lies ahead for him and me
what it is we are to seek

No comments:

Post a Comment