Monday, April 12, 2010

stupidity or nature?

past relationships, movies, songs and life; the elements of this piece. people argue in many fields whether or not human nature is a strong point to rely your reasons on. i am not sure myself but seeing people fall in the same places at different times lures my thoughts. despite me composing romantic poems, i yet to know of love. just simply emotions.. at this point in my life.

roses are red
violets are blue
like blood i have bled
like my life after you

you had me at 'hi'
then lost me at 'goodbye'
i can never understand why
when or how, was i pushed aside

you lied when you told me
i was more than a priority
you lied when you made me believe
we had a future, bright and free

why give me hope
when you know there's none
how did you think i'd cope
what have you done

stupid stupid stupid!
the words stuck in my mind
can't believe what you did
can't believe i called you mine

it's so easy to blame
others for your faults
so easy to be casted shame
when not doing what you're told

care, pity, sympathy and faith
all of good will from a kind heart
but it can lead to horrible mistakes
that will tear one's life apart

i do not think of love lightly
as it carries much weight
i don't think i even know it slightly
but it brings as much as hate

torture, strength and tears
mindless actions, guilty pleasure
all the worst of painful cheers
a wounded past, an unsure future

human nature is usually to blame
we all must fall at least once in life
people and places may not be the same
but we all gotta move on or at least try


No comments:

Post a Comment